By Renu Tichkule
“There are some parts of the world where once visited, get into your heart and will not leave. For me India is such a place.”-Keith Bellows, National Geographic Society.
Very few countries can compete with the vibrant experience of an India tour. From the virgin mountains of the North to the warm golden beaches of the south, India has something to offer to every traveler. Every burst of creativity unveils the kaleidoscope of diverse cultures, races and religions with their own traditions, cultures and spiritualism that color every corner of India with their myriad uniqueness.
From attire to cuisines to temples and churches to deserts to glaciers, India tourism has evolved with a silver spoon in its mouth.
Top 10 must-not-miss tourist destinations on your India tour:
1. Taj Mahal: This white marble relic in Agra that bears testimony to an emperor’s love attracts thousands of visitors to gaze in awe at its amazing blend of Persian and Islamic architecture.
2. Khajuraho Temples: These temples built in the 950 century AD captivates the visitors’ attention with its intricate carvings, impeccable architecture and stone statues. Khajuraho is situated in Madhya Pradesh which you can reach by air, rail or road from Delhi or Agra.
3. Kerala: This South Western state lures you with its azure charm and scenic topography. Hailed as one of the most sought after destinations in the India tourism circuit, Kerala offers boat houses, exotic wildlife and Ayurvedic Spas as a part of its rich repertoire of tourist attractions. Warm, friendly people and vibrant folk festivals make Kerala a traveler’s dream.
4. Ajanta and Ellora Caves: Situated near Aurangabad in Maharashtra, these 29 caves are considered to be unique representations of Buddhist culture.
5. Kaziranga National Park: One of the most famous national parks in India known as a home to the endangered one-horned rhino, Kaziranga nestles near the banks of the massive Brahmaputra River and covers an area of 480 sq km.
6. Goa: Endowed with warm golden beaches, shimmering blue seas and a plethora of rich wildlife, Goa makes a delightful travel experience for all travelers. Full of fun and frolic, food and drink, Goa makes its way to every India travel plan.
7. Khandala: This quaint and restful hill station located in the Western Ghats boasts of lush green scenery which becomes even more alluring during monsoons. Its easy distance from Mumbai makes it a very popular haunt for tourists.
8. Konarak Temple: This magnificent piece of architecture in Orissa bears silent witness to the skill and art of the artisans of ancient India.
9. Darjeeling: A beautiful hill station resting on the caring slopes of the mountains of North East India, Darjeeling offers a view of Kanchenjunga peak and on sunny mornings, of Mt Everest- the highest mountain peak in the world.
10. Jaisalmer: This exotic city built out of sandstone reminds you of the grand royal ears gone by. Situated in Rajasthan, the city bursts forth with its abundance of forts, temples and palaces.
More about India Travel:
Discover even more about Indian Travel and find out what your fellow travellers think recommend to try while in India here: